Thursday, January 6, 2011

Preparations

Hi all and welcome to my blog about my semester in Sweden! 


I am 16 days away from departure and I am getting really excited! I can't wait to experience what Stockholm has for me this semester. I'm also excited for you to all experience it with me. That's why I have this blog. I want you to know what cool things happen in Sweden and what I'm up to. I will be updating this at least once a week if not more! :) I hope you enjoy it. 


To get us all acclimated to Sweden I thought I would have a few things to provide us some Swedish culture! 


First, the Swedish Word of the day: Hej (the j is pronounced like the y in yellow) and this means hello. If you want to know some other basic Swedish greetings look here. These will be the words I use all the time while I am there. And who knows, I might pick up an accent while I am there! 


Second, the random Swedish Fact of the day: there are 9.4 million people in Sweden. I thought we would start off simple since most of us know nothing about Sweden! There are almost 13 million people in Illinois so Sweden is smaller than Illinois! That's always weird to think about a country being smaller than the state I live in, but that is Europe for you! 


If you, my dear readers, ever want to know something about Sweden just let me know and I'll look it up for you. I'm sure someone else wants to know about it too! 


That's all for today. I'll give you more updates soon! 

5 comments:

  1. Bailey and I are very excited to follow your travels. If you need anything before you leave let us know. We love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will let you know! I love you too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You got it to work Grandma! :) Hooray!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sooo excited for you...you GO GIRL!~

    ReplyDelete