Friday, February 25, 2011

An ode to public transport

I ride public transport everyday and there are some days that I love it and some days that I hate it. I thought I would just give you a taste of my up and down emotions! 


Why do I love it? I get to look out the window all the time. I get to people watch. I get to read. I am not polluting as much. I can get to a lot of places from my house. It's like a puzzle to figure out how to get places which is kind of fun sometimes! 


Why do I hate it? The buses are late. I often don't time it right and stand outside and wait for a while. It take a lot longer to ride public transport because it's not the most direct route. I get lost. 


Yes, that's that. It is both good and bad but it's what I've got. I have been fortunate enough to snag a couple rides home the past couple nights so I didn't have to deal with the public transport! That was pretty great! :) 


You might be wondering what this public transport is like. Well, I take the bus (buss) and the subway (tunnelbana) mostly. I took the train (pendeltåg) for the first time yesterday. There is also a nice tram downtown. They are all pretty clean most of the time which is really great. 


My most favorite thing might have to be the decor in some of the t-stops. I have pictures from the Kungsträgården stop here. My other favorite is Thordinsplan which has tile pictures of pac-man and mario. I will have pictures later. I was busy catching the bus today so I couldn't take a picture...
The ceiling of the Kungstagarden stop

Some random "ruins" on the side of the bridge

For now, I will continue to enjoy the public transport because there is no other way for me to get around! I know I really will be a master of it by the time I leave here! In fact, I'll probably master it right when I leave. Isn't that how it always goes? 

I should also make a mention to the Vasa Museum and the Royal Armoury. These have been two of my favorite museums so far. I will be blogging about them later (either tonight or tomorrow I promise!). 

Thanks for reading. I hope you all enjoy your weekends. This is the start of my first break so I will be heading up north to Lapland on Wednesday for a long weekend. We are going to view the northern lights (hopefully by dog sled), maybe learn about ice sculpting, and enjoy the beauty of northern Sweden! It is going to be great! You'll hear all about it for sure! 


1 comment:

  1. You could write a book on public transportation. Are there any good
    looking guys? Anxious to hear about the Northern Lights. Does your
    dad's picture bring back memories? Love you! G'ma.

    ReplyDelete