Friday, March 18, 2011

Is my life real right now?

That was the question I was asking myself as I walked to the bus stop at 5 am to catch the bus to the airport. Why am I going to the airport you might ask? Well, I am going to Geneva, Switzerland this weekend to visit CERN and hang out with the one and only science nerd, Kelsey Smith! We are going to have a great weekend. I can't believe that I actually get to see the largest particle accelerator in the world...for free (after travel expenses). I am ready to learn all about how it works! woo! Don't worry, lots of photos will be taken and I will tell you all about it. Just hold on until Monday!

I am especially excited about this trip after the week that I had. I actually had homework to do. I had a paper to write for my film class. I wrote about the Swedish crime genre. If you want to read it, I can send it to you, but it's 6 pages and not that thrilling. It would be more exciting to watch a Swedish crime movie! :) I can recommend some of those..."man on the roof" and "girl with the dragon tattoo" are good choices! I also had to prepare discussion questions for my Gender in Swedish Society class. That went well. I had everyone draw pictures of the material we had to read to present to the class. Then we had some questions to answer. I am just glad it's over with though...I also had to read for my two other classes and write a response to the reading for one of them. It was a lot to do on top of planning this trip. I would tell you I am busy over here but it's not the same busy at at Bradley. I don't spend hours in the library. Instead, I am busy sitting on the bus, or reading a book (for class usually), or planning trips, or hanging out with friends. I don't mind it at all, but class would be much more interesting if it was a science class! :) of course!

Well, I'm gonna get back to my busy waiting! I have about 1 hour before my flight leaves. Bon voyage!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so jealous Beth! I would love to go to CERN and just geek out the entire time while fawning over all of the theoretical physicist's giant brains. Considering the homework you've had lately it'll be a nice change, I would go insane if all I had to do was write papers about social forces or something.

    ReplyDelete